The task was to develop an online logistics management system, which could automate processing of orders and invoices from distributors to warehouses worldwide. The task was to migrate from a legacy solution (OpenVMS/Cobol/Jam, undocumented), designed in 1980, to a new modern J2EE platform. Moreover, to ensure smooth transition, the two systems were running simultaneously.
- reengineering of business processes (based on the analysis of Cobol code)
- design and development of Modern secured web-based J2EE system
- integration and synchronization of both legacy and new systems, integration with other existing systems
- design and development of the open architecture to support further growth (WAP, Web-services, etc)
- Set of more than 5 projects with total duration of 2.5 years. More than 25 man/years delivered
- Management of 3 remote teams (Ukraine, Switzerland, U.S.)
- RUP methodology with XP features approach
- Step-by-Step (monthly deliverables)
PEOPLE ALSO READ
Zeppelin is an official dealer of the world famous Caterpillar brand with over 17,000 employees and thousands of units of machinery spread out across seven CIS countries. The company is growing rapidly and, at a certain stage, it became necessary to find a way to optimize its business processes. Softengi’s task was to develop a software system which allowed significant reduction of the average order processing time.
The undertaking was to design and develop a sophisticated system to provide clients worldwide with a standard means of tracking and reporting emissions, for the purpose of environmental compliance based on the SaaS model. The product is #1 in the world in its niche.
In order to discuss the general function of the logo, we must firstly identify and environment define where this will have to fulfill function.