The task was to develop an online logistics management system, which could automate processing of orders and invoices from distributors to warehouses worldwide. The task was to migrate from a legacy solution (OpenVMS/Cobol/Jam, undocumented), designed in 1980, to a new modern J2EE platform. Moreover, to ensure smooth transition, the two systems were running simultaneously.
- reengineering of business processes (based on the analysis of Cobol code)
- design and development of Modern secured web-based J2EE system
- integration and synchronization of both legacy and new systems, integration with other existing systems
- design and development of the open architecture to support further growth (WAP, Web-services, etc)
- Set of more than 5 projects with total duration of 2.5 years. More than 25 man/years delivered
- Management of 3 remote teams (Ukraine, Switzerland, U.S.)
- RUP methodology with XP features approach
- Step-by-Step (monthly deliverables)
Let us know, if you have any questions.
PEOPLE ALSO READ
IMPACT Anywhere - Web-based Risk Management Solution
Softengi developed IMPACT AnywhereTM - a lightweight ERM web application to replace the client’s legacy solution preserving its compatibility and interoperability on the data level. Gradually, the application also received new functionality and enhancements.
Automated Electronic Life Insurance System
The developed by our team automated electronic life insurance system is called to minimize time and costs for insurance processes. The risk calculation is also conducted automatically. 90% of the processes are automated and the need for hard copies is eliminated almost entirely.
Palms - Mobile Application for Tennis Tournament.
The whole tennis world in one App. Palms is a brand-new experience for Tennis Players, Coaches, Fans, Tournament Organizers, and League Managers.