The task was to develop an online logistics management system, which could automate processing of orders and invoices from distributors to warehouses worldwide. The task was to migrate from a legacy solution (OpenVMS/Cobol/Jam, undocumented), designed in 1980, to a new modern J2EE platform. Moreover, to ensure smooth transition, the two systems were running simultaneously.
- reengineering of business processes (based on the analysis of Cobol code)
- design and development of Modern secured web-based J2EE system
- integration and synchronization of both legacy and new systems, integration with other existing systems
- design and development of the open architecture to support further growth (WAP, Web-services, etc)
- Set of more than 5 projects with total duration of 2.5 years. More than 25 man/years delivered
- Management of 3 remote teams (Ukraine, Switzerland, U.S.)
- RUP methodology with XP features approach
- Step-by-Step (monthly deliverables)
Let us know, if you have any questions.
PEOPLE ALSO READ
Database Migration - critical step in new website launching
Assisting a large online booking system to migrate to a new platform with least trouble.
Aziot HOME. A digital platform to transform living environment.
Softengi has developed a Connected Digital Home - tool, enabling integration of home ecosystem with digital technologies. The easiest way to have an apartment just in the phone!
Emission Tracking System. Breakthrough in EHS industry
Helping business worldwide to stay environmentally friendly.